Do I Need A Slip And Fall Attorney After An Accident?
Sustaining an injury in a slip and fall accident is a painful and stressful experience. In addition to struggling to pay off bills for your medical treatment, you need to worry about proving liability in your case.
Fortunately, you do not have to do this alone. A Manchester slip and fall attorney will help you pursue maximum compensation on your behalf while you focus on recovering from your injuries.
Speak with our slip and fall accident attorneys at the Law Office of Manning & Zimmerman to discuss how we can help you seek compensation in your unique case.
How Can a Manchester Slip and Fall Attorney Help Me?
Below, we will discuss the reasons you need a slip and fall attorney after an accident in Manchester or elsewhere in New Hampshire.
- Your attorney can help prove liability
One of the biggest challenges of recovering damages after a slip and fall accident in New Hampshire is establishing the property owner’s fault and proving that you were not responsible for the accident.
Your attorney will review all available evidence to determine if they can prove liability in your slip and fall case. In New Hampshire, you must establish the following elements to seek compensation after a slip and fall accident:
- The owner or occupier (or their employee) of the property where you were injured caused or contributed to the condition that to the accident; or
- The owner or occupier (or their employee) of the property was aware of the dangerous condition that caused your accident but failed to remedy it; or
- The dangerous condition should have been discovered by a reasonably adequate inspection to prevent the slip and fall accident.
- Your attorney will collect evidence and talk to witnesses
Evidence and witness statements play a crucial role in determining liability for slip and fall accidents in New Hampshire. That’s why you need an experienced attorney to collect evidence, take pictures of the dangerous condition, and talk to witnesses who saw what happened
In some cases, your attorney will be able to gain access to surveillance footage to see what caused the accident and how long the hazard existed before the accident.
Talking to witnesses is also crucial because they can prove that a dangerous condition existed long enough to be discovered and addressed.
- Your attorney will represent your best interests
After a slip and fall accident, you may deal with insurance companies, negotiate with the other property owner and their lawyer, or even prepare to go to court.
Your lawyer will represent your best interests when:
- dealing with insurance companies;
- settling your case at mediation; and
- fighting for fair and full compensation in court.
You can rely on your attorney to handle every aspect of your case to ensure that you receive the maximum compensation to which you are entitled while you focus on your recovery.
Discuss your case with our Manchester slip and fall attorneys at the Law Office of Manning & Zimmerman to prove liability and recover damages in your case. Call 800-984-3151 to talk about your case.