Suing After A Burn Injury In New Hampshire
A burn can be one of the most traumatic, distressing, and painful injuries. These injuries affect not only our physical well-welling, but also our mental health. Burns can be quite disfiguring, and they may lead to a number of missed opportunities due to the way they affect our self-image. If you have suffered a burn injury due to someone else’s negligence, you deserve the right to sue for damages.
The best way to do this is to get in touch with a qualified, experienced personal injury in New Hampshire as soon as possible. With their assistance, you can determine the best route forward and strive for a fair, adequate settlement. Because a burn injury is often disfiguring, you can receive compensation for non-economic damages like scarring, depression, anxiety, and much more.
When Might You Sustain a Burn?
There are a number of potential accidents that can lead to a burn accident, including:
- Car Crashes: An auto collision can result in burns if flammable materials ignite. This is more common than you might think. It is also worth mentioning that batteries can ignite with the same magnitude as fuel tanks, which means this problem affects electric cars as well.
- Restaurant Accidents: Restaurant patrons may also suffer burns due to a range of circumstances, including hot liquids/beverages, flaming dishes, kitchen mishaps, and much more.
- Home Fires: If your home does not have adequate fire safety equipment, you may be able to sue your landlord for damages if you sustain serious burns during a fire.
- Product Defects: A number of products can also cause burn injuries if they are defective.
- Electrical Injuries: Serious electrical injuries can cause extensive burns as well as other associated injuries.
Burns and Disfigurement
In civil courts, burns are often classified as “disfiguring” injuries. Disfigurement often involves a degree of psychological or emotional loss. While a broken leg may heal with time, serious burns across the face or body will not. Even reconstructive surgery may not be enough to fix these blemishes.
So why is this important? Simply put, a disfiguring injury causes more damage than many other types of injuries and, therefore, a larger settlement needs to be obtained to compensate the victim. The emotional and mental losses associated with the injury are taken into account when the value of the claim is evaluated. A skilled attorney can assist with proving that your injuries constitute a disfigurement and that you have suffered permanent harm as a result.
Enlist the Help of a Qualified Attorney Today
For help from a skilled Manchester personal injury attorney, contact Law Office of Manning Zimmerman & Oliveira, PLLC. Over the years, we have helped numerous injured victims in the New Hampshire area, and we are well-aware of how serious burns can be. You deserve the right to explore your legal options, so book your consultation today to get started with an effective action plan.