Common Auto Accident Injuries
If you or someone you care about has been injured in a motor vehicle accident, one of your first phone calls should be to a car accident attorney Manchester NH. You may be able to make a claim for compensation if the accident was the result of negligence on the part of another individual or organization that was involved in the incident.
Types of Common Car Accident Injuries
Car accident injuries range from minor cuts and bruises, to life-limiting injuries or even death. Among the most common injuries are:
- Soft tissue injuries – These include injuries to tendons, muscles,and ligaments. One example of a soft tissue injury is whiplash, caused by violent stretching and flexing of the soft tissues in the neck. All soft tissue injuries can cause limited range of movement and pain. It can take months or even years of intensive medication and physical therapy to recover from such injuries.
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI) may be caused by hitting your head against the windshield or as a result of the brain being thrown into the inside of the skull during a whiplash injury. Minor TBI can resolve in a matter of weeks; more serious injuries can result in permanent brain damage.
- The spongy discs that cushion the bones in the spinal column can be come damaged in a car accident. A damaged disc can bulge or even rupture, impinging on a nerve. This can cause pain, numbness and tingling.
- The term, “internal injuries” refers to organ damage. Bleeding from any damaged organ (lungs, spleen, etc.) can be life-threatening, especially since symptoms may not become noticeable until the condition becomes severe.
- Mental damages, including anxiety, depression, panic attacks, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), may result from a traumatic accident or as a result of treatment for injuries sustained. You could emerge unscathed physically but become afraid of ever driving or even leaving the house. At the other extreme, someone with disabling injuries may fall into a deep depression because of the impact the injury has made on their life.
Contact Manchester Personal Injury Lawyers
A serious car accident injury may require you to take months, or even years, off work. Many serious accidents require intensive, multidisciplinary treatment from a flock of health care professionals. By getting in touch with a car accident attorney Manchester NH to discuss a personal injury claim, you are taking a positive step toward your recovery. The sooner you contact your car accident attorney Manchester NH, the sooner you can regain control over your life.