When Will My Trial Begin?
One of the questions that personal injury victims often ask their personal injury lawyer in Manchester is “When will my trial begin?” However, it is almost impossible for your personal injury lawyer in Manchester to give you a definite answer to this question. There are a variety of factors that affect the timing of your trial.
Some of the factors that your personal injury lawyer in Manchester may mention are:
- How many cases are waiting for trial in the court that has jurisdiction over your case;
- The quantity of judges that are available to hear trials in the jurisdiction;
- Whether your personal injury attorney in Manchester and the defense counsel have completed interrogatories, depositions and other forms of discovery;
- The priority of cases in your jurisdiction;
- Whether your personal injury attorney in Manchester or the defense counsel has other pending trials in surrounding jurisdictions; and
- Factors specific to your case and the jurisdiction.
Your personal injury lawyer in Manchester may be able to assess these factors to give you an approximate time when your trial may begin. In many locations, it might take less than a year for your case to go to trial from the time when the complaint is filed. However, other jurisdictions often take multiple years.
Once he or she knows when your trial is scheduled, your personal injury lawyer in Manchester will give you notice of the trial date. Contact the Law Office of Manning Zimmerman & Oliveira PLLC at 603-624-7200 to get a lawyer on your side.