Skip to main content

Exit WCAG Theme

Switch to Non-ADA Website

Accessibility Options

Select Text Sizes

Select Text Color

Website Accessibility Information Close Options
Close Menu
Law Office of Manning Zimmerman & Oliveira PLLC

How to Seek Compensation if You Were Injured as a Passenger in New Hampshire?


A passenger is just as likely to get injured in a car accident as a driver. But can you get compensated for your injury if you were in the car whose driver caused the crash? Yes, you are entitled to compensation even if the driver of the vehicle you were a passenger in was at fault for the collision.

Since New Hampshire is an at-fault insurance state, motorists at fault for causing a crash are held responsible for the resulting damages. In New Hampshire, you have three options when it comes to seeking compensation as an injured passenger:

  1. Filing a claim with the at-fault driver’s insurance company;
  2. Filing a lawsuit against the at-fault motorist (this often happens if a settlement can’t be reach with the insurance company – one the lawsuit is filed the insurance company will defend this claim and pay the damages up to the limits of the available insurance); or
  3. Filing a claim with your own insurance company for uninsured motorist benefits if the at-fault driver did not have insurance or did not have enough insurance.

If you were injured in an auto accident as a passenger, do not hesitate to contact a Manchester car accident attorney. The process of seeking compensation for a passenger injury may be complicated, which is why it is best to get help from an experienced attorney in New Hampshire.

Getting Compensation as an Injured Passenger in New Hampshire

In New Hampshire, the process of seeking compensation for your damages as an injured passenger is similar to that of recovering damages as an injured driver.

If you were injured as a passenger while riding with a friend or family member, you need to understand that filing a claim with their insurance company could be the only way to receive compensation for your injury. But don’t worry, if they have insurance their insurance company will be responsible for the damages up to the available limits.

Speak with a Manchester personal injury attorney if you were injured as a passenger in a car crash. Contact our lawyers at the Law Office of Manning Zimmerman & Oliveira PLLC if you sustained an injury while riding with a friend or family member, or in any type of public transportation – including a bus, train, boat, or airplane. Call at 603-624-7200 to get a consultation.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn

Law Office of Manning Zimmerman & Oliveira PLLC

By submitting this form I acknowledge that form submissions via this website do not create an attorney-client relationship, and any information I send is not protected by attorney-client privilege.

Skip footer and go back to main navigation