How To Enter
The deadline for submitting scholarship entries is April 15th each year. The instructions for submitting entries are listed below. Please note that a failure to include all the requested information could result in your entry not being considered. We will select one winner from each category.
If you should have any questions about our scholarship program, please feel free to contact Anna Goulet Zimmerman, Esq. by email at Anna@MZLawNH.com.
I. Video Submission
- Record a video of up to two minutes which you believe would deter others from driving distracted. Please be safe when you make the video. Videos which were made while participating in unsafe conduct (such as actually driving while looking at your cell phone, etc.) will be automatically disqualified.
- Publish the video on your YouTube channel
- Title the video Manning Zimmerman & Oliveira PLLC Scholarship Entry.
- Send an email to Emily@mzlawnh.com with your name, mailing address, email address, phone number, name of your high school, and a link to your video.
- If posting to social media, our handle is @MZAttorneys and our hashtag is #nhinjurylaw.
II. Written Essay
- Submit a written essay of no more than 750 words addressing the following questions:
- a. How significant is distracted driving in your peer group and describe the problem as you see it? and
- b. What can be done to reduce or eliminate distracted driving to reduced or eliminated to make our roadways safe?
- With every essay submit your name, mailing address, email address, phone number, name of your high school.
- Submit the essay to our office by:
- a. Mail to Law Office of Manning Zimmerman & Oliveira PLLC, 87 Middle Street, Manchester, NH 03101
- b. Fax to (603) 624-7201; or
- Email to Emily@mzlawnh.com.
The odds of being selected a scholarship recipient will depend upon the number of eligible entries received. The recipients will be selected based upon the quality of their submission, not at random.
All submissions are due no later than April 15, 2022. By submitting a scholarship entry, entrants agree that the decisions concerning the recipients shall be final and binding. Based upon the quality of submissions, the sponsor reserves the right to award only one or neither of the scholarships.
The recipients of the Law Office of Manning Zimmerman & Oliveira PLLC Distracted Driving Scholarships will receive $1,000 toward tuition at any post-secondary educational program or institution (including universities, community colleges, or vocational schools) that is intended to grant a degree or certificate. Payment will be made directly to the institution upon proof of enrollment.
According to the official scholarship rules, participation in the Law Office of Manning Zimmerman & Oliveira PLLC Distracted Driving Scholarships program means that the entrant guarantees that all content within the video or written submission is the entrant’s original work and does not violate any copyright, trademark, or intellectual property rights of a third party.
By submitting a scholarship entry, the entrant grants the Sponsor permission to copy, reproduce, and use their name/identity and their submission (and any content contained within) in all promotional and publishing aspects.
Limitations on Liability
Submitting a scholarship entry signifies that the entrant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless all coordinators of the scholarship program (including employees of the Sponsor, Facebook, YouTube, and anyone else involved in the organization of the scholarships) from any legal claim that results from taking part in the scholarship program. Additionally, the entrant agrees to release and waive any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, and damages that are incurred from involvement in the scholarship program.