Timing for Settlement
After your personal injury lawyer in Manchester NH sends a letter of demand to the insurance company that is handling your claim, you likely would want to know when you can expect a settlement to be made. While your personal injury lawyer in Manchester NH may be able to give you a general guideline for this estimate, the answer to this question often depends on many factors. Some simple cases where liability may be clear may be closed within a month after your personal injury lawyer in Manchester NH sent the letter of demand. However, some cases may take more than a year before they are settled.
There are several factors that can affect the amount of time until an adjuster can make a final offer. These include:
- How many claims the insurance adjuster is currently handling
- How well the claim has been documented
- Whether liability is clear
- Whether or not you may have contributed to the accident
- How many parties were involved in the accident
- Whether any other parties may have been responsible for the accident
- The reasonableness of the proposed settlement figure
- The process that the insurance company uses before it approves a settlement offer
- The economic conditions at play
- Factors that are specific to your particular case
Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer in Manchester NH
If you would like an estimate of how long you should expect to wait before getting a settlement, contact a personal injury attorney in Manchester NH from the Law Office of Manning & Zimmerman PLLC. Call 603-624-7200 / Toll-Free (800) 984-3151.